Tuesday, 4 April 2017

Blossom by the River

Hello

Thanks for popping in.

I popped out and when I found myself in the wrong place, turned to the river for a short walk instead. I thought of you and here are the photos to brighten your day!

This is a stag beetle stumpery, the perfect place for discerning stag beetles. 

All along the banks of the river, the blossom covered the trees, dipping down, reflected in the water.  I'm wondering whether it is blackthorn rather than hawthorn as it seems a bit early in the year.  It's all a bit scrubby.










Lovely isn't it.

Cheerio

10 comments:

  1. Spring is just wonderful, my favorite season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of blossom trees appearing around town over the last few days and this morning I noticed we had blossom on the plum tree. It's a lovely time of year:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh brilliant. We just need the wind and rain to hold off for a couple of weeks. 😊

      Delete
  3. It was a lovely walk along the river with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, I knew you'd be on the case! x

      Delete
  5. Very lovely indeed, spring is a beautiful season.

    ReplyDelete