Monday, 3 April 2017

Paint Monthly - Jo Grundy

Hello

Thanks for popping in. I hope you are enjoying a bit of peace and quiet with a cup of coffee standing by.

Barbara over at Coastal Ripples is kindly hosting Paint Monthly at the moment, do have a look to see this months' artists.

As well as some wonderful family calendars on the go this year, in our kitchen is one designed by local artist Jo Grundy.  She was brought up in West Berkshire on a farm and her cheerful countryside scenes are so uplifting. I thought you might like to see them.  Her website shows a lot more of her work, which is painted using Jo Sonja by Chroma, a decorative system of paints with a great range of colours, as well as using mixed media.



January 2017 - Winter's Eve

February - Snowdrop Falls

March - Spring Lane
 The following are details from the coming months which will be on display in the kitchen soon.






Some of her meadow pictures can be seen in the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading in the themed dementia wards to help disorientated patients find their way back to their beds.  I'm sure they will be enjoying them as much as I'm enjoying my calendar.

Her work is available to buy online via her website, this includes prints, cards and cross stitch kits.

Cheerio

12 comments:

  1. I love her style - so joyful, happy & naivistic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her landscapes are places I'd love to walk through.

      Delete
  2. Aren't they gorgeous. Love the butterfly. Thank you Karen for joining in again and giving me a cheery start to my day. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you too Barbara, sending my best wishes for a great day. 😊

      Delete
  3. What beautiful work. Her pieces are sure to cheer anyones day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite surprised she was such a local artist.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful work. Love that the patients use them to find their way back to their rooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea isn't it, someone has given the matter and the patients a lot of thought. 😊

      Delete
  5. How lovely Jo Grundy's work is and you are right so cheerful and uplifting, colourful yet delicate too. I will now click on your link to visit the website:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just right for a calendar with all the seasonal changes. 😊

      Delete
  6. Thank you for introducing me to a new artist, such brilliant work.

    ReplyDelete