Monday, 15 May 2017

Plants WA Style

Hello

Welcome to the blog.

It's going to be a bit of a photo heavy post today but on the plus side it will be full of flowers and plants, there's so much to see in Western Australia with its Mediterranean climate.  It's Autumn at the moment so I think Spring must be even more amazing with all the wild flowers too.  Within the City, there are patches of bushland like Kensington Bushland, a 9 hectare area full of native plants in amongst the residential streets and Kings Park is an amazing botanical garden, a wonder to behold.

Banksia
Banksia




Banksia







Bird of Paradise









Pomegranate




I'm afraid I don't know all the names of the plants but aren't they all gorgeous in so many different ways. Not like my garden at all!

Cheerio

8 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous. Always hard for me to get my head around the fact that the southern hemisphere's seasons are the opposite of ours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite confusing to start with, I was expecting the sunset to get later rather than earlier!

      Delete
  2. Such curious and exotic flowers and plants. I like the Banksia:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, they come in so many colours and have interesting stages. 😊

      Delete
  3. Very beautiful flowers and plants. Amazing place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many different plants to look at. 😊

      Delete
  4. I'm not surprised you took lots of photos. Seeing the exotic flowers growing in their natural state instead of in a botanical glasshouse - although we do see some of the Mediterranean plants in Italy - I would have done the same. It looks as if there were some interesting walkways to out-of-the way corners of the Kings Park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't resist a flower or a photo!

      Delete