Friday, 11 August 2017

Five on Friday - Colour

Hello

Thanks for visiting for another dose of Five on Friday.

This week I'm sharing my woolly escapades of the week.

One -  An Explosion of Colour

So exciting, a bag full of new Stylecraft Special DK has arrived.  What's the plan?


Two - Offcuts

I collect all the small woolly offcuts from different projects and then use them as stuffing for toys.


Three - Odds and Ends

Wool that is a little longer but still left over from the blanket making process, gets turned into this colourful piece.  I'll keep adding to it in the future until it reaches a good size.


 Four - Really Wild Tea Cosies

Looking for inspiration in my knitting books,  I enjoyed leafing through the pages of Really Wild Tea Cosies by Loani Prior.  Look at this cute rooster tea cosy, Pedro de la Pantaloon, it's enough to make breakfast a really jolly time.


Five - Kaffe Knits Again

Kaffe Fasset's books are terrific with so many colourful patterns to get you going.



I hope all this colour has brought a smile, it always does to me!

Have a great weekend.

Cheerio

10 comments:

  1. Great colours, love Pedro. Have a lovely weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those tea cost books but how many tea copies can you have!

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing what you are going to make with all that Stylecraft wool. Have a lovely weekend. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara, what would we do without a ball of wool! x

      Delete
  3. A lovely woolly post. Looking forward to seeing what you do with all that Stylecraft yarn, and what a great idea using the offcuts for stuffing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun starting something new isn't it. 😊

      Delete
  4. You certainly have made me smile, just what I needed on a grey day. Thank you. I really love the way you don't waste ANY of your yarn and I'm looking forward to seeing the Stylecraft project. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good, now you've made me smile too! x

      Delete
  5. That's a great use for bits and bobs and I love the tea cosy :o) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems a shame to waste any. 😊

      Delete