Thursday, 13 July 2017

Crochet

Hello

Thanks for calling in.

With all the dashing about, the crochet has been coming along slowly.

I thought I'd try out the Stylecraft Extra Special DK yarn with its flecked appearance.  So far I've turned 5 balls into plain solid dc squares and edged them with parchment ready for joining together, just one more ball to go before I can start arranging them into the desired pattern.  Although the colours are great, with the added addition of the fleck, you can't really see the crochet pattern as well but we'll see what it looks like when it's all joined together.


The blankets are stacking up now!





Cheerio

14 comments:

  1. That yarn looks lovely in all those colors. And your blankets are beautiful! Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat, I can't resist a colourful ball of wool! Best wishes.

      Delete
  2. Those squares are looking good. Time I did a bit more crochet. I'm making another pair of socks at the moment. My family despair of me :) B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You keep making socks and I'm hooked on blankets! Great fun. 😊

      Delete
  3. I didn't know about the Extra Special DK, I'll have to look out for some of that. It's so easy to keep making crochet blankets, isn't it? I've got two on the go at the moment, but I haven't picked up my hook for some time now, knitting's taken over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you make the squares it's so easy to carry them around and do them anywhere, a bit like your socks. 😊

      Delete
  4. Sadly I have projects loitering around the cottage that need attention but time is an issue at the moment. Love the beautiful array of colour on your projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got too much to do at the moment, you'll probably get to them in the dark evenings by the fire.

      Delete
  5. Woo hoo if this is you on a go-slow I'm impressed, looks like you have a great stash of lovely blankets here!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't stop making them! Even in the Summer when the sun's out and it's boiling! Good old Federer, he makes it look so easy. x

      Delete
  6. Such a lovely cosy collection of blankets! Your new one will be a great addition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. My youngest son has put in a request for it, so no doubt I'll have to make another!

      Delete
  7. Your blankets look wonderful, all those lovely colours:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie, I can't resist the colours.

      Delete